Safety & Hygiene
As the bakery is a food processing facility with moving machinery, the following rules and regulations need to be followed for your own safety and for the safety of persons around you.
- No open-toe shoes, high heels or sandals may be worn in the baking lab.
- Long trousers, preferably white, must be worn. T-shirts are acceptable.
- All students will wear an apron, hair net and beard snood (if applicable) whilst in the baking lab.
- No costume jewellery, watches, bracelets, rings or earrings may be worn whilst in the baking lab.
- No pens, pencils, etc, shall be carried above the waist.
- No nail polish on the fingernails shall be worn.
- No ties or neck scarves will be allowed to be worn in the bakery.
- Please wash and sanitise your hands before entering the bakery and after any visit to the bathroom.
- No smoking will be allowed in the bakery or toilet facilities.
- No chewing of gum, eating or drinking will be allowed in the baking lab unless sanctioned by the instructor.
- Clean up any liquid spills immediately.
- Replace the lid on any ingredient container once finished.