TURBO CONCENTRATE BREAD
Ideal recipe for sandwich loaves or open top loaves, using SUPREME Flour & SUPREME 5% Turbo Concentrate
Raw weight: 0.550 kg
Baked weight: 0.500 kg
Shelf life: 3 days
Production time: 2 hours
Yield: 42 loaves
- 12.500 kg SUPREME Flour
- 0.625 kg SUPREME Turbo™ 5% Bread Concentrate
- 0.250 kg Yeast (Compressed) or ⅓ for dry yeast
- 8.000 L Water (White Bread) or 8.500 L Water (Brown Bread)
- Place flour, Turbo concentrate, yeast and water into a suitable mixing machine (Spiral recommended).
- Mix in a spiral mixer for 2 minutes on slow speed and between 6 to 8 minutes on fast speed until dough is fully developed.
- Final dough temperature should not exceed 26°C – 30°C.
- After mixing, remove the dough from the mixer and scale immediately into the prescribed weights.
- Cover the dough pieces with a plastic sheet and rest for 10 minutes.
- Form the dough into a cylindrical shape using either a bread moulder or by hand.
- Place the dough pieces, seam down, into pre-greased bread tins and place in bread trolleys starting from the bottom up.
- Place the trolley into a pre-set prover operating at a temperature of 40°C and a relative humidity (Rh%) of 85%.
- Prove for approximately 50 minutes for open top loaves and 40 minutes for sandwich loaves.
- Place trolley into a pre-set oven at a temperature of 250°C.
- Only use steam for open top loaves NOT sandwich loaves.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes (open top) and 45 minutes (sandwich)
- Remove loaves from tins IMMEDIATELY after baking and bag only once cooled.
NB: Mixing times, yeast and water quantities, oven temperatures and baking times are merely a guide and need to be adjusted to suit local bakery conditions and machinery types.