Enjoy these piping hot, straight off the braai, with lots of butter and syrup or grated cheese and apricot jam.
Preparation: 1 hour 30 minutes
Baking: 30 – 45 minutes
Ready In: +- 2 hours
Servings: 10 – 12
1 kg SUPREME White Bread Wheat Flour
10 g Instant dried yeast
25 g Sugar
10 ml Salt
375 ml Water
375 ml Milk
50 g Butter
1. Mix the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
2. Heat water, milk and butter on stove, until warm and add to the dry ingredients in the bowl.
3. Mix contents of the bowl together and then knead until smooth and elastic.(about 10 minutes) Add more flour if needed.
4. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, covered loosely with lightly oiled clingwrap then a damp cloth. Let it stand in a warm spot where it can rise to double its volume, then knead it back down. ( about 20-40 minutes)
5. On a floured board, divide the mixture into 8 – 10 balls, flatten them down, sprinkle with a little flour and leave to rise again until about double.
6. Braai the dough over gentle coals, turning regularly until cooked and golden brown on both sides.