- 12.5 kg Super Wholewheat Mix
- 0.625 kg Yeast (Compressed) or ⅓ for dry yeast
- ± 7.75 L Water
- Place prepared mix, yeast and water into a suitable mixing machine (Spiral recommended).
- Mix in a spiral mixer for 2 minutes on slow speed and between 6 to 8 minutes on fast speed until dough is fully developed.
- Final dough temperature should not exceed 29°C.
- After mixing, remove the dough from the mixer and scale immediately into the prescribed weights.
- Cover the dough pieces with a plastic sheet and rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut the dough into pieces with a bun divider and round for rolls.
- Place the dough pieces onto a pre-greased perforated baking sheet, and place on trolleys.
- Place the trolley into a pre-set prover running at a temperature of 40°C and a relative humidity (Rh%) of 85%.
- Prove for approximately 40 minutes.
- Bake at a temperature of 220°C for 20 minutes with steam in the oven.
- Rolls should be bagged immediately when cold into perforated roll bags for maximum shelf life.
N.B: Mixing times, yeast and water quantities, oven temperatures and baking times are merely a guide and need to be adjusted to suit local bakery and machinery conditions.
STORAGE / HANDLING REQUIREMENTS
Store off the floor, away from walls, under cool and dry conditions. Moisture and insect entry must be prevented. Store away from cleaning materials or other products or chemicals emitting strong odours.
Preparation: 2 hours
Baking: 20 minutes
Ready In: 2 hours 30 minutes
Servings: Dependant on in-store use