Raw weight: 0.500 kg
Baked weight: 0.450 kg
Shelf life: 3 days
Production time: 4 hours
Yield: 24 loaves
BIGA (Mix the day before)
- 3.000 kg SUPREME Crispy Crust Prepared Mix
- 0.500 kg SUPREME Continental Rye Prepared Mix
- 0.045 kg Yeast (Compressed bakers)
- 3.800 kg Water
Bread dough (Day of baking)
- 3.250 kg SUPREME Crispy Crust Prepared Mix
- 0.020 kg Yeast (Compressed bakers)
- 0.180 kg Olive oil
- 1.000 kg Water
- Dissolve the yeast for the “BIGA” in the water.
- Place all ingredients of the “BIGA” into a bucket, and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Cover the bucket with a damp cloth to prevent skinning.
- Allow the “BIGA” to stand in the bakery for 24 hours. Place the “BIGA” in a warm environment in winter, and a cool environment in summer.
- The following morning, place the “Bread dough” ingredients into the mixing machine, and add the “BIGA”.
- Mix the dough as per usual to maximise gluten development – 2 min slow & 8 min fast on spiral mixer. NB the dough must be soft, do not add extra flour!
- Remove the dough from the mixing machine and place on a floured table.
- Scale off dough into 500 g pieces.
- Gently spread the dough out onto a sheet, fold the dough in a “Z” formation.
- Coat the surface of the dough with cooking oil.
- Repeat the folding process 3 times allowing a resting time of 20 minutes between each fold. Coat the surface of the dough with cooking oil after the folding is complete.
- After the final fold is complete, liberally coat the dough with flour.
- Allow to dry proof in the bakery for a further 90 minutes.
- Bake at 180°C for ±30 to 40 minutes using liberal amounts of steam.