THREE CHEESE SCONES
For best results, knead this dough as little as possible! Feel free to replace the cheese with some berries and white chocolate for a decadent tea time treat.
Preparation: 25 minutes
Baking: 35 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour
Servings: 8 Scones
125 ml Grated mature cheddar
125 ml Grated gouda
125 ml Grated parmesan
1 medium Onion, diced
30 ml Chopped parsley
500 ml SUPREME Cake Wheat Flour
10ml Baking powder
5 ml Salt
90 ml Cream
185 ml Milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
2. In a large bowl, mix cheeses, onion and parsley together. Sift in flour, baking powder and salt. Mix the cream and milk in a jug first.
3. With a spatula, roughly combine ingredients until they are just combined. Turn out mixture onto a lightly floured board. Knead mixture minimally to a thickness of ± 3cm.
4. Shape into a large round scone and cut into 8 wedges before baking.
5. Alternatively, flour the rim of a glass and cut out scones from the dough
6. Place on a greased or lined baking tray. Brush with a little milk.
7. Top with some grated parmesan (optional).
8. Bake for 25 – 35 minutes depending on the size of your scones.