Preparation: 5 minutes
Baking: 15 minutes
Ready In: 20 minutes
Servings: ± 30 cookies
- 300 g SUPREME Cake Flour
- 250 g Butter
- 140 g Castor sugar
- 1 Egg
- 10 ml Vanilla essence
- Mix 250g softened butter and 140g castor sugar in a large bowl with a wooden spoon, then add 1 egg yolk and 10ml vanilla extract and briefly beat to combine.
- Sift 300g Supreme Cake Flour and stir until the mixture is well combined – you might need to get your hands in at the end to give everything a really good mix and press the dough together.
- Lightly dust a flat surface with Supreme Cake Flour to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Take a rolling pin to evenly roll the piece of dough out to ± 1.5cm sheet.
- Use a dough cutter and press out shapes. To prevent biscuits from sticking to the baking tray, use Spray and Cook.
- Place dough shapes on the baking tray.
- Bake for ± 12 – 15 minutes depending on the oven.
- Use icing sugar mix and colouring for decoration after biscuits have cooled.
N.B: Mixing times, oven temperatures and baking times are merely a guide and need to be adjusted to suit local bakery and machinery conditions.