Preparation: 4 hours 30 minutes
Baking: 20 minutes
Ready In: 4 hours 50 minutes
Servings: 39 Dozen
- 12.5 kg Supreme Sweet and Light Prepared Mix
- 1 kg Yeast (Compressed) or ⅓ for dry yeast
- ± 6.4 L Water
- 300 g Cinnamon
- 5 g Mixed Spice
- 20 g Bun Spice
- 8 kg Baker’s Mix
- 1.9 kg Cross Mix
- 400 g Bun Glaze
- 1 kg Supreme Wheat Cake Flour
- 1 kg Corn Flour
- 20 g Baking Powder
- 750 ml Oil
- 1 L Milk
- ± 500ml Water
- 600g Sugar
- 500ml Water
- 50g Bun Spice
Wrap with shrink-wrap, or place in a solid plastic bag.
- Place Supreme Sweet and Light Prepared Mix, yeast and water into the mixer.
- Mix until partially developed: Spiral mixer – 2 min slow, then 3 min fast speed.
- Add cinnamon, mixed spice, ginger and bun spice.
- Continue mixing to full development: Spiral mixer – 3 min fast speed.
- Add the bakers mix and blend in: Spiral mixer – 2 min SLOW speed.
- Place in prover at 40°C and 85% R.h.
- Prove until 80% proving has been achieved.
- Pipe on crosses with no.4 plain tube.
- Bake at 220°C for 20 minutes with NO steam.
- Glaze immediately after baking.
N.B. For optimum shelf life and product quality, the Baker’s Mix must be conditioned. This is achieved by placing the Baker’s Mix in a bucket, and adding water. Blend lightly for a few seconds, and immediately thereafter drain off all of the water. Cover the bucket with a plastic sheet, and allow the raisins to absorb the moisture for ± 4 hours.