SWEET AND LIGHT HOT CROSS BUNS
Produce round, sweet and light hot cross buns every time with SUPREME Sweet & Light Prepared Mix.
Raw weight: 0.080kg per bun
Baked weight: 0.072 kg per bun
Shelf life: 3 days
Production time: 4 hours
Yield: 39 dozen
- 12.500 kg SUPREME Sweet and Light Prepared Mix
- 1.000 kg Yeast (Compressed) or ⅓ for dry yeast
- ± 6.400 L Water
- 0.300 kg Cinnamon
- 5 g Mixed Spice
- 20 g Bun Spice
- 8.000 kg Baker’s Mix
- 1.900 kg Cross Mix
- 0.400 kg Bun Glaze
- 1.000 kg Supreme Wheat Cake Flour
- 1.000 kg Corn Flour
- 20 g Baking Powder
- 0.750 L Oil
- 1.000 L Milk
- 0.500 L Water
- 0.600 kg Sugar
- 0.500 L Water
- 50g Bun Spice
Wrap with shrink-wrap, or place in a solid plastic bag.
- Place Prepared Mix, yeast and water into the mixer.
- Mix until partially developed: Spiral mixer – 2 min slow, then 3 min fast speed.
- Add cinnamon, mixed spice, ginger and bun spice.
- Continue mixing to full development: Spiral mixer – 3 min fast speed.
- Add the bakers mix and blend in: Spiral mixer – 2 min SLOW speed.
- Place in prover at 40°C and 85% R.h.
- Prove until 80% proving has been achieved.
- Pipe on crosses with no.4 plain tube.
- Bake at 220°C for 20 minutes with NO steam.
- Glaze immediately after baking.
N.B. For optimum shelf life and product quality, the Baker’s Mix must be conditioned. This is achieved by placing the Baker’s Mix in a bucket, and adding water. Blend lightly for a few seconds, and immediately thereafter drain off all of the water. Cover the bucket with a plastic sheet, and allow the raisins to absorb the moisture for ± 4 hours.