Preparation: 30 minutes
Baking: 20 minutes
Ready In: 50 minutes
Servings: 164 Éclairs
- 2 kg Supreme Cake Wheat Flour
- 2.5 kg Eggs
- 2 kg Water
- 1 kg Fat
- 50 g Salt
- 20 g Bun Spice
- Boil water, fat and salt together in an appropriate sized cooking pot
- Add flour to the boiling mixture and cook until the mixture leaves the side of the pot.
- Allow the mixture to cool. Do not mix eggs into a hot mixture! Place the mixture into a 20 litre mixing bowl, slowly add the eggs to the mixer set on slow speed and mix using a flat beater
- Scrape down the mixing bowl at regular intervals.
- Using a number 10 star piping tube, pipe éclair mix onto a greased baking pan or silicone paper approximately 10 cm long
- Bake at 240°C for ± 20 minutes.
- After the product has cooled, place éclairs in a plastic bag and freeze.
- The baked éclairs can be stored for up to 2 months in the freezer.
- To ensure the éclairs don’t get squashed in the freezer, place the plastic bag inside a cardboard box.
NB: Never add the eggs to a hot mixture. This will cook the eggs prematurely.
Add the eggs very slowly. If you add them too fast the mixture could curdle.
Once baked, take a sharp knife and poke a tiny hole into the top of each éclair. This allows the steam to escape and stops the éclairs from collapsing or getting soggy.