Preparation: 2 hours 30 minutes
Baking: 8 minutes
Ready In: 3 hours 40 minutes
Servings: 27 doz buns but dependant on size
- 12.5 kg SUPREME Silky Soft Brown Mix
- 0.625 kg Yeast
- ± 6.5 L Water
- Place prepared mix, yeast and water into a suitable mixing machine (Spiral recommended).
- Mix in a spiral mixer for 2 minutes on slow speed and between 6 to 8 minutes on fast speed until dough is fully developed.
- Final dough temperature should not exceed 26°C – 30°C.
- After mixing, remove the dough from the mixer and scale immediately into the prescribed weights.
- Cover the dough pieces with a plastic sheet and rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut the dough into pieces with a bun divider and round for hamburger rolls, but do not round for hot dog rolls.
- Allow the dough a further resting time of 5 minutes before moulding into hot dog rolls.
- Place the dough pieces onto a pre-greased solid black pan, and place on trolleys.
- Place the trolley into a pre-set prover operating at a temperature of 40°C and a relative humidity (Rh%) of 85%.
- Prove for approximately 40 minutes.
- Bake at a temperature of 250°C for 6 to 8 minutes without steam in the oven.
- Rolls should be bagged immediately when cold for maximum shelf life (after approximately 1 hour floor time).
N.B: Mixing times, yeast and water quantities, oven temperatures and baking times are merely a guide and need to be adjusted to suit local bakery and machinery conditions.