MINI MIELIE LOAVES
Perfect for lunch boxes and picnics or even great to serve with hearty winter soups!
Preparation: 20 minutes
Baking: 1 hour
Ready In: 1 hour 20 minutes
Servings: 8 mini loaves
250 ml SUPREME Cake Wheat Flour
250 ml Maize meal
10 ml Baking powder
2.5 ml Cayenne pepper or paprika
2.5 ml Salt
250 ml Amasi or buttermilk
3 Large eggs, beaten
60 ml Sunflower oil
Tin cream-style corn
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C and grease mini loaf tins very well.
2. Place dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
3. Combine all the wet ingredients into a jug and mix into the dry ingredients until well combined.
4. Spoon into the prepared tins and bake for 20-30 minutes minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool in the tins for a few minutes and then turn out onto a cooling rack while still warm. Use oven mitts and give the tins a light tap on the bottom to loosen the bread.
TIP: For something different, add grated baby marrow, cheese or even chopped bacon into the mix for a delicious combination.