Preparation: 1 hour
Baking: 20 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour 20 minutes
Servings: 344 Doughnuts
- 12.5 kg Sweet & Light Prepared Mix
- 0.625 kg Yeast
- 5.15 L Water
- 1.25 kg Eggs
- 6.88 kg Thinned apricot jam
- 1.8 kg Scaling weight
- Place Prepared Mix, yeast, eggs and water into the mixing bowl.
- Mixing times using a spiral mixer are as follows: 2 minutes slow, 6 – 8 minutes fast.
- Ensure the dough is fully developed.
- Final dough temperature must be between 28° and 29°C.
- Divide and round the dough using a bun divider.
- Place round pieces on a greased solid baking tray.
- Place trolley into a pre-set prover. Temperature 40°C, humidity 85% for ± 45 minutes.
- Fry in preheated oil (170°C) until golden brown.
- After frying, roll in castor sugar.
- Make a hole in the centre and pipe apricot jam into the doughnut.
N.B. Mixing times are only a guide, and corrections must be made to compensate for mix size, temperatures and product.
Sweet & Light Mix
Available in 12,5 kg