These buttery, old-fashioned gingernuts strike a lovely balance between snap and chew.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Baking: 12 – 15 minutes
Ready In: 25 minutes
Servings: 14 Cookies
250 g SUPREME Cake flour, plus extra to dust
5 ml Bicarbonate of soda
30 ml Ground ginger
10 ml Ground cinnamon
20 ml Castor sugar
110 g Butter, chopped, plus extra to grease
160 g Golden syrup
5 ml Brown sugar to sprinkle
1. Pre-heat oven to 190°C. Lightly grease two baking trays. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon into a large bowl.
2. Mix in castor sugar and set aside.
3. Put butter in a small pot and measure in the syrup. Heat gently until butter has melted. Pour liquid into a flour bowl; stir well.
4. Divide dough into 14 equal pieces, around 30 g each and roll each into a ball. Space them apart on the greased trays and flatten them a little.
5. Bake for 12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.