CLASSIC VICTORIA SPONGE
Serve up a slice of this delicate bake with a glorious pot of tea!
Preparation: 75 minutes
Baking: 25 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour 40 minutes
Servings: 1 Double Layer Cake
225 g Soft butter
225 g Castor Sugar
5 ml Vanilla essence
4 Large eggs
225 g SUPREME Cake Wheat Flour
12.5 ml Baking Powder
30 ml Milk
Good strawberry jam
250 ml cream, whipped to just passed soft peaks
Icing sugar to dust
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C and grease & line 2 x 20 cm sponge tin.
2. With a hand mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla essence.
3. Add eggs one at a time, mixing one spoon of flour in after each egg. Add milk. Fold in remaining flour & baking powder slowly.
4. Pour approx. 450 g into each greased tins and bake for ± 25 minutes, or until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
5. Turn out onto a cooling rack. Spread generously with strawberry jam and cream and sandwich together.
6. Dust with icing sugar to serve.