CINNAMON SUGAR WAFFLES WITH LEMON
Think old school pancakes from the farm stall, but in waffle form!
Preparation: 30 minutes
Baking: 20 minutes
Ready In: 50 minutes
Servings: 8-10 depending on size
For the waffles:
200 g SUPREME Cake Wheat Flour
30 ml Brown Sugar
10 ml Baking Powder
7.5 ml Cinnamon
200 ml Maas
60 ml Milk
2.5 ml Vanilla Essence
50 g Butter
30 ml sugar
5 ml cinnamon
lemon wedges for
1. Preheat the waffle iron
2. In a bowl sift together the dry ingredients
3. In a jug mix together all the wet ingredients except the melted butter.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredient and stir until you have a smooth batter
5. Add the melted butter and mix through.
6. Place a ⅓ cup of batter into each waffle side of the waffle maker. This was for a square 2 waffle iron, you can work out how much you would need for your own machine.
7. Whilst the waffles are cooking, mix together the cinnamon and sugar.
8. To serve, place hot waffles on a plate, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and squeeze over lemon juice.
9. Serve with cream or ice cream if you desire.