Raw weight: 0.680 kg per loaf
Baked weight: 0.600 kg per loaf
Shelf life: 3 days
Production time: 2 hours
Yield: 30 loaves
- 12.500 kg SUPREME Brown Bread Mix
- 0.250 kg Yeast
- ± 8.250L Water
- Place prepared mix, yeast and water into a suitable mixing machine (Spiral recommended).
- Mix in a spiral mixer for 2 minutes on slow speed and between 6 to 8 minutes on fast speed until dough is fully developed.
- Final dough temperature should not exceed 26°C – 30°C.
- After mixing, remove the dough from the mixer and scale immediately into the prescribed weights.
- Cover the dough pieces with a plastic sheet and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Form the dough into a cylindrical shape using either a bread moulder or by hand.
- Place the dough pieces, seam down, into pre-greased bread tins and place in bread trolleys starting from the bottom up.
- Place the trolley into a pre-set prover operating at a temperature of 40°C and a relative humidity (Rh%) of 85%.
- Prove for approximately 50 minutes for open top loaves and 40 minutes for sandwich loaves.
- Place trolley into a pre-set oven at a temperature of 250°C.
- Only use steam for open top loaves NOT sandwich loaves.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes (open top) and 45 minutes (sandwich).
- Remove loaves from tins IMMEDIATELY after baking and bag only once cooled.
N.B: Mixing times, yeast & water quantities, oven temperatures and baking times are merely a guide and need to be adjusted to suit local bakery and machinery conditions.