- 12.5 kg Supreme Cake Wheat Flour
- 10 g Instant Dry Yeast
- 1.25 kg White Sugar
- 5 g Salt
- 8.76 L Luke Warm Water
- Sunflower Oil for Deep Frying
- Sift the flour and salt together into a mixing bowl.
- Add the yeast and sugar.
- Pour the luke warm water over the dry ingredients, mixing together with a wooden spoon to form a soft, lump-free dough.
- Cover the bowl or bucket with a clean damp cloth and leave in a warm place (near the stove or in a sunny corner) until the dough doubles in size.
- Pinch off balls straight into oil.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Lift out with a perforated spoon. Drain well on kitchen paper towel.
Preparation: 40 minutes
Baking: 40 minutes
Ready In: 2 hours
Servings: ± 297 Amagwinya / Vetkoek