ALMOND LEMON BISCOTTI
A perfect accompaniment to strong coffee
Preparation: 20 minutes
Baking: 2 hours 40 minutes
Ready In: 3 hours
Servings: 50 depending on thickness
500 ml SUPREME Cake Wheat Flour
250 ml Castor sugar
5 ml Baking powder
Pinch of salt
2 Large eggs
5 ml Vanilla essence
Grated rind of 2 lemons
100 g Roasted almonds, chopped
1. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
2. Mix eggs, butter, vanilla and rinds together. Pour onto the first mix and stir gently with a wooden spoon. Add the nuts.
3. When you have a soft yet manageable dough, divide into two and roll into log shapes.
4. Place onto a buttered, floured oven tray spaced apart, as they expand quite a lot.
5. Bake at 180°C for 40 minutes until lightly golden. Remove and cool a little.
6. Slice thinly and place onto a greased oven tray and bake further at 100°C for 2 hours or until crisp.
TIP: The dough can be sticky to touch, that’s perfectly normal, so coat your hands in cooking oil before shaping into logs.