Preparation: 45 minutes
Baking: 30 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour 15 minutes
Servings: 23 Sponges
- 5 kg Plain Sponge Mix (Inland)
- 2.125 kg Eggs
- 2.125 kg Water
- 400 g Scaling weight
- Ensure eggs are at AMBIENT temperature for best results.
- Place the eggs and water into a mixing bowl fitted with a whisk.
- Add the sponge mix to the liquids.
- Whisk on slow speed until all the ingredients are blended together.
- SWITCH OFF MACHINE BEFORE CHANGING SPEED.
- Whisk on top speed for 6 to 8 minutes, until batter has doubled in volume.
- Scale the required amount of batter into a greased sponge tin.
- Bake at approximately 190°C for ±30 minutes.
- Immediately after baking, remove the sponge from the tin to avoid sweating.