- 4 kg Madeira Cake Mix
- 1.6 kg Oil
- 1.8 kg Eggs
- 400 g Water
- 350 g Scaling weight
- Place the Madeira Mix, eggs and water into a mixing bowl.
- Using a flat beater, set the mixing machine onto MEDIUM speed and mix together.
- Scrape down the mixing bowl, and mix for a further 4 minutes on the fast speed (speed 3).
- Pipe ± 60g batter into paper cups.
- Do not overfill.
- Bake between 180°C and 200°C for ± 20 minutes.
- The Queen cakes are considered baked when a knife is inserted into them and removed without any trace of batter sticking to the knife blade.
- Queen cakes MUST be wrapped once cooled, ± 1 hour after baking, to ensure maximum shelf life.
Preparation: 1 hour
Baking: 20 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour 20 minutes
Servings: 130 queen cakes