Preparation: 1 hour
Baking: 30 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour 30 minutes
Servings: 22 Cakes
- 4 kg Madeira Cake Mix
- 1.6 kg Oil
- 1.8 kg Eggs
- 400 ml Water
- 350 g Scaling weight
- Place the Madeira Mix, eggs and water into a mixing bowl.
- Using a flat beater, set the mixing machine onto MEDIUM speed and mix together.
- Scrape down the mixing bowl, and mix for a further four minutes on the fast speed (speed 3), while slowly adding the oil.
- Scale ± 350g of Madeira batter into a 9191P foil shape.
- Using a suitable instrument, flatten out the batter in the foil shape.
- Using a sharp knife dipped in cooking oil, place a shallow cut on the top surface of the batter. (This will ensure a neat split on the surface during baking).
- Bake between 180°C and 200°C for ± 30 minutes.
- The Madeira cake is considered baked when a knife is inserted into the cake and removed without any trace of batter sticking to the knife blade.
- Madeira cakes MUST be wrapped once cooled, ± 1 hour after baking, to ensure maximum shelf life.