- 4.7 kg Plain Sponge Mix (Inland)
- 2.0 kg Eggs
- 2 kg Water (part 1)
- 500 g Water (part 2)
- 2.4 kg Apricot jam
- Ensure eggs are at AMBIENT temperature for best results.
- Place the eggs and water (part 1) into a mixing bowl fitted with a whisk.
- Add the sponge mix to the liquids.
- Whisk on slow speed until all of the ingredients are blended together.
- SWITCH OFF MACHINE BEFORE CHANGING SPEED.
- Whisk on top speed for 6 to 8 minutes, until batter has doubled in volume.
- Add water (part 2) to the mix and fold in by HAND. Do not over mix! The amount of water (part 2) can be increased to improve pan flow, and to reduce the volume of the baked product.
- Line four 75cm x 45cm baking trays with grease proof paper.
- Scale 2.3 kg of batter into each pan.
- Smooth the surface with your hand, making it as level as possible.
- Bake at 250°C for 7 to 8 minutes.
- After baking, turn out onto a sugar-covered cloth.
- Spread 600 g of apricot jam thinly over the surface.
- Roll up lengthwise.
- Cut off the outside edges and cut the Swiss Roll into 5 even pieces.
Preparation: 45 minutes
Baking: 8 minutes
Ready In: 53 minutes
Servings: 20 Rolls