Preparation: 1 hour
Baking: 15 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour 15 minutes
Servings: 40 pastries
- 12.5 kg Sweet & Light Prepared Mix
- 0.625kg Yeast
- 6.4 L Water
- 2.15 kg Pastry fat
- 2.15 kg Butter
- Mix general sweet dough as per recipe.
- Mix butter and pastry fat together, flatten, place on greaseproof paper and leave in the fridge for a few hours before processing further. Do not allow butter to become brittle.
- Roll out dough using a pastry break or rolling pin.
- Place the fat over one half of the dough and fold over to produce a pocket of dough, with the fat on the inside.
- Roll out the dough, giving three single book turns, resting for 30 minutes after each fold.
- Cover dough with plastic sheets and rest overnight in the fridge. Do not process immediately.
- Roll the dough out to no 3 on pastry break or to about 5mm with a rolling pin.
- Cut dough into 15 x 15cm squares.
- Egg wash the inside, and fill with relevant filling.
- Fold into desired shapes and egg wash the outside.
- Place pastries onto greased mild steel trays and dry proof until the required size is reached.
- Bake at 220°C for ±15 minutes.
- Immediately after baking, brush with boiled apricot jam and decorate with fondant.