Preparation: 1 hour
Baking: 8 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour 30 minutes
Servings: Dependant on in-store use
- 4.7 kg Chocolate Sponge Mix
- 2.7 kg Fresh Eggs
- 1.45 L Cold Water (First Part)
- 0.47 L Cold Water (Second Part)
- Place the eggs and water (First Part) into a mixing bowl fitted with a whisk attachment.
- Add the sponge mix to the liquids.
- Whisk on slow speed until all the ingredients are blended together.
- Whisk on top speed for 6 to 8 minutes, until batter has doubled in volume.
- Add water (Second Part) to the mix and fold in by HAND. Do not overmix!
- The amount of water (Second Part) can be increased to improve pan flow, and to reduce the volume of the baked product.
- Line four 75 cm x 45 cm baking trays with grease proof paper.
- Scale 2.3 kg of batter into each pan.
- Smooth the surface with your hand, making it as level as possible.
- Bake at 250°C for 7 to 8 minutes.
- After baking, turn out onto a sugar covered piece of paper.
- Spread 600g of apricot jam or cream thinly over the surface and roll up lengthwise.
- Cut off the outside edges, and cut the Swiss Roll into 5 even pieces.
N.B: Mixing times, water quantities, oven temperatures and baking times are merely a guide and need to be adjusted to suit local bakery and machinery conditions.